Constructed between 1929 and 1935, the ex-Armoury originally housed armaments for the 19th Artillery Regiment. It consists of three long parallel walls that support two double-pitched roofs with wooden trusses and Marseille tiling. This structural layout created two large rectangular open-plan areas of equal size.
The two elevations parallel to the Mugnone canal are marked out by the rhythm of the solid brick pillars that fulfil both a structural and aesthetic function. In fact, they are both supporting pillars and pilasters, topped with capitals of simple geometric shapes; a style that refers, albeit in a minimalist way, to the traditions of classical architecture.